Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Staff Luncheon

Last Friday I invited the BlueSky Adventures Staff over for a long-over-due luncheon at my house.  It was a team effort in the food preparation, so we ended up with a feast of African, Indian, and American dishes :)  Never thought I'd see chicken curry, ugali, and sweet potato casserole all on the same plate, but it actually made for a really good meal!  After chai and cake (obviously a must when hosting Kenyans), I was asked to bring out my guitar.  I sang a few songs of my own, but I enjoyed the free style that followed better.  I started with a guitar rhyme, then the drum beat (made by a wooden spoon and dog bowl) joined in, followed with beat-boxing by one of the shadowers, and finally two staff members and I alternated with different melodies and lyrics.  It was really fun.  After this, I had the pleasure to listen to the "spoken word" (basically contemporary poetry) by a few talented facilitators.  Even though it was in Swahili I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I always have a blast when we're all together.  I'm really going to miss these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment